The Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games will be remembered as one of most successful Games ever with 71 nations and territories competing in 17 sports over 11 days between 23 July to 4 August. From the precision of lawn bowls to the exciting combat of boxing, judo & wrestling – from the high adrenaline of athletics & cycling track events to the grace and beauty of gymnastics, the city of Glasgow staged a fantastic summer of sport, as well as a range of cultural and arts events for everyone.
- To present advertising opportunties to market across the fifteen official event publications
- To generate a minimum page yield
- To complete the sales by agreed deadline
- To maintain professional and ethical standards throughout sales cycle
- To liaise with main stakeholders providing updates and sharing knowledge
From January through to July 2014, IMS were delighted to be chosen to take on the unprecedented task of securing all the pages of advertising across the fifteen official publications.
From the outset, we approached the contract with enthusiasm and vigour, emersing ourselves in the event and its importance both culturaly and on the sporting calendar.
Having acheived the advertising pages target within the agreed timeframe, IMS also delivered a major increase in projected revenues. You could say, a gold medal winning performance.